Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Partnership With God

It is very important that we recognise our human limitations.

As a human being, I am only a very flawed part of a world that has been badly corrupted and mismanaged by my fellow human beings.

As a human being, I can only partially resist the corruption of this world with great effort and willpower.

In the same way, the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;

and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
Rom 8:26–27 NASB95


Despite all my endeavours, I remain a human being who is not fit to live in the presence of the holy God.

As a human being, I cannot save the humanity around me because I myself need salvation.
Jesus told his chosen apostles:

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5 NIV

The apostle Paul reminds us:

… it is not that we are so competent that we can claim any credit for ourselves; all our competence comes from God. 2 Co 3:5 NJB

God created you to enjoy a close relationship with Himself.
He loves you completely. His love is so warm and tender.

He wants you to stay safe and secure in His beautiful love every hour of your life.

This is such a sweet experience but God not only wants to give you joy but also the fulfilment of a meaningful life with Him.

He wants to give you a share in His great mission to save the world.
God is calling you into partnership with Jesus, the Saviour of the world.

You cannot even begin to work with God without a close connection with Him through the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus told His disciples:

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Ac 1:8 NIV

This power enables us to heal the sick, bring people to faith in Jesus, and minister to drug addicts.

But we must always be aware that this power is not ours, and we cannot minister without the help of Jesus himself.

‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Mt 11:28 NJB

Our goal is to bring people into intimate fellowship with Jesus through God's love so that they come to know God as their Heavenly Father.

This makes no sense if you yourself do not live in close fellowship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment