Sunday, September 8, 2024

Only God will not Fail You

If we have no need, we don't need a miracle from God. If we can do it humanly alone, we often try to do just that.

Barak Obama became president and tried to win the support of the world with the well-known words: ‘Yes, we can!’ But despite these words, he failed in many ways.
 
Politicians claim that Islam is a religion of peace, but where do we find peace in the Middle East?

After 1990, a new era began where the Russians were supposed to be our democratic partners in a new world order, but now we see a not so friendly man in Moscow.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Is 41:10 NIV
 
God does not deceive us with false confidence and hollow promises. Where there is no threat, we need no encouragement to overcome fear.
 
The prophet David, the king of Israel, had to confront real threats. He left us many psalms that testify to his fight against fear.

Be merciful to me, my God, for my enemies are in hot pursuit; all day long they press their attack.
My adversaries pursue me all day long; in their pride many are attacking me.
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
Ps 56:1–3 NIV

This is our invincible weapon against fear, the testimonies of those who have overcome danger and fear.
 
God's word consists not only of doctrines and commandments, but of totally reliable promises. They are reliable for two reasons.

Firstly, they come from God, who will never let us down because he is completely truthful and also all powerful.

We can also rely on God's promises because they have been proven in hard afflictions.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Ps 46:1 NIV
 

The words in the Bible are not just words. God has kept his promises again and again in the Bible stories.

I have seen God save me and others from death, sickness, poverty and unemployment time and time again.
 
So often we expect parents, partners, friends, doctors, churches, employers or politicians to give us the help we desperately need. Sometimes we get help from people, and sometimes they let us down.

But God has never let me down. I have often seen how God has intervened in humanly impossible circumstances.
 
It is often in impossible situations that we have to make a decision. Should we panic or just seek human help? Panic doesn't work at all, and passive resignation is like death itself.

But we have a God who gave His Son over to death, but then raised Him from death. Jesus died so that we can always find a way out of every situation.
 
Jesus said before His death:

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,
and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
Jn 11:25–26 ESV

God has work for the unemployed, healing for the sick, joy for the depressed, a future for the hopeless.
 
When Christian children are beheaded by terrorists because they refuse to become Muslims, they are immediately raised up and their souls appear in God's heaven, where they immediately receive God's comfort and love.

 
Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; my body also rests secure.
For you do not give me up to Sheol, or let your faithful one see the Pit. 

You show me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps 16:9–11 NRSV

No comments:

Post a Comment