Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Only Jesus is Perfect

 In the Bible, I see that even great men of God were not flawless. Moses needed the advice of his father-in-law.

The great King David sinned and was exposed by the prophet Nathan.

Some Christians want to put Peter on a throne, but when Peter went wrong, he was rebuked by Paul.

After his conversion, the apostle Paul gave the impression of being faultless. But how did Paul himself evaluate his Christian life?

For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;

but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?

Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
Rom 7:22–25 NIV

Others want to worship St Mary as the Queen of Heaven. Jesus loved his mother. but Jesus had a different view.

While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him.

Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?”

Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.
For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
Mt 12:46–50 NIV

If a preacher claims to always be right, don't trust him. That is prideful. If you think of your pastor or a prominent evangelist as always infallible, you're misguided.

The true disciples of the Lord learn to recognise the voice of God for themselves. They learn to think for themselves with wisdom.

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
Jn 10:27–28 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment