Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Healing. A Faith Journey.

You probably like some movies or novels a lot. When you see or read the happy ending, it makes you happy.

But imagine if you only saw the last fifteen minutes of your favourite movie, would you still love the movie?

If you only read the last chapter of your favourite book, how would you like it?
We love humour, uncertainty and adventure.

But in your own life, you'd often like just the happy ending.

In September 2018, I had a blood test. The GP said my prostate might not be in order. I had to see a urologist. I had an MRI scan and it showed two tumours. I prayed intensely for healing. Please no cancer!

On the way to the hospital for a biopsy, I prayed for healing and believed God answered.

You can well understand that the biopsy finding was a shock. Cancer!

"Dear God, I don't understand you anymore. I believed you would heal me and now you let this happen? How can this be?"

I was totally baffled. I didn't want to have radiation therapy. The side effects can be very distasteful.

Then I went for a walk. The presence of God came upon me like a comforting cloud full of peace.

I heard the voice of God in my thoughts. "I have allowed this to happen to give you a testimony."

I kept having blood tests. I was ready to have radiation therapy if the blood tests were alarming, but after a few months the blood tests findings got better and better.

Excitement and adventure are all well and good in a book or film, but your own body is no fun.

I attended several church services where they prayed for the sick. I always felt strong encouragement from the Holy Spirit.

I expected the malignant tumours to disappear. My blood tests were still good.

More than a year passed and I visited the urologist again. I asked for a second biopsy and I expected healing.

I believed God, but I was partly disappointed. The most dangerous tumour was gone, but there were still two small and not so dangerous tumours.

I waited a few more months until I was allowed to have a second MRI scan. Then finally came the result I was expecting. The tumours had completely disappeared.

If the happy ending doesn't come right away, please don't give up.


Your story is his glory. Your story glorifies the Lord.
A quick happy ending may not be the best outcome.

We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 NRSV

And not only that, but we also boast in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 

and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,

and hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.
Romans 5:3–5 NRSV

No comments:

Post a Comment