Sunday, May 2, 2021

Finding God in the Darkness

Church was a blessing. I drove home with my wife, encouraged. On the way we did some shopping. In the supermarket I felt foggy and empty. It was a bit like the depression of my youth.

Why is that? We can often sense the depressed moods of people around us. God often allows this so that we can learn to resist the devil and pray for the suffering people around us.

When you feel depressed or sad, you can pray quietly straight away. Where does this depression come from dear God? How should I respond? How can I overcome this darkness? Not only the darkness in me, but also the darkness around me and in others around me?

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12 ESV

Every time you feel darkness, whether it is in your soul, or from the feelings of your fellow man, or from the presence of demons, or from the situation in the world, no matter where the darkness comes from, you may seek God's truth and God's presence.

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
Jeremiah 33:3 ESV

When you belong to Jesus, there is an invisible mobile phone in your spirit. You are always connected to Jesus. God is always waiting for your call.

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
1 John 1:5 NKJV

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment