Wednesday, March 24, 2021

God has Better Plans

Are you discouraged? Disappointed? Anxious?
Are you really down?

Before the Last Supper, the apostles were disappointed and deeply shaken.

But how was that possible? They were Jesus' closest friends. They believed he was the Son of God, their Saviour and Redeemer. He was with them in the flesh. And they were dismayed?

A few days earlier, Jesus had arrived in Jerusalem. The crowds had acknowledged him as the Messiah with great excitement.

The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Hosanna in the highest!” Matthew 21:9 NIV84

The Jews, and also the apostles, expected that Jesus as Messiah would then establish the Kingdom of God, that Jesus would rule the world as King in Jerusalem.

But Jesus did not. Everyone was disappointed. The religious leaders could now manipulate the disappointed Jews.

Instead of the expected triumph, the disciples stared disaster in the face.

What did Jesus say to this?

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. John 14:1 NIV84

You have expected a great revival, prayed for it for years, heard wonderful prophecies.

Yet the Corona disaster came. Where is God? You no longer understand anything.

What is Jesus saying now?

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
John 14:1 NIV84


You were expecting something wonderful from God. You have waited a long time for it, and now you are shaken.

My father was 70 years old. He had been smoking 40 cigarettes a day for many years and his lungs were black inside. I had prayed for him for years but there was no sign of faith. 


He was tormented by emphysema. That was a death sentence.

Then I started praying a new prayer. "Please let my father live until he comes to faith."

At the age of 88, he converted. He was very weak, but there was no sign of emphysema.


Finally he turned 91. He was half blind and life had become a burden to him.

Then I read in the Bible:

With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.” Psalm 91:16 NKJV

I gave thanks and praise to God. And then I prayed a very bold prayer.

"Dear God, you have heard my prayer, but my father is really suffering. How would it be if my father goes to heaven exactly 16 days after his 91st birthday?

Exactly 16 days later, Jesus took my father to heaven with no pain.


In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:2–3 NKJV

God has good plans for us, and that includes you.

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
John 14:1 NIV84





No comments:

Post a Comment