Saturday, April 24, 2021

Roller Coaster Ride

A few years ago I was a guest preacher in a small fellowship in Germany. I was in my guest room when this old pop song floated through my mind.

Everyday, it's a gettin' closer
Goin' faster than a roller coaster
Love like yours will surely come my way
A-hey a-hey hey … (Buddy Holly)


I felt this was a message from the Holy Spirit, and I shared this in the Sunday morning meeting. The pastor responded very positively. He said a visiting preacher five years before had shared a prophecy about a roller coaster experience which we should be expecting.

I was praying this morning at home in Perth. We are in the middle of a three-day lock down because of an unexpected Coronavirus case.

When I asked God for inspiration, this message about the roller coaster came back.

The message I believe God wanted to share is, “Hold on tight!”

As the return of Jesus Christ draws nearer, things will not stabilise or slow down.

Habakkuk chapter two presents a grim picture of a world in chaos and corruption, but in the middle of this horrible chapter, there is a verse which is often quoted out of context.

For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea. Habakkuk 2:14 NKJV

It is usually quoted out of context because the context is the opposite of glory.

I believe that God is telling us, that in the middle of the horror of terrorism, human trafficking, pandemics and moral chaos, precisely at this time, we should expect God to manifest His glory on this planet in a way that has never been seen before.

So the message from God is, “Hold on tight!”


We are on a wild ride, and it will not settle down. We must not expect normality, but we can hold on tightly to the loving presence of God.

Seek His presence and expect miracles every day. God is still God, and He has not stopped being good and kind.

When I read my bible I see the greatest miracles in the times of the greatest stress. We are in just such a time today.

God has not changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment