Sunday, November 1, 2020

God is Faithful

If you are faithful, you can always expect God's help. God never abandons his faithful children. How can you be more faithful than God?

David was God's faithful servant, but he was persecuted by King Saul. His life was in danger, and he had to find refuge in a cave. In his distress he prayed fervently.

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed by. 

I will cry out to God Most High, To God who performs all things for me. Ps 57:1-3

When you are in deep distress, whether through your own fault or quite innocent like David, you need to get really serious with God.

He will never fail you.

If you fail but you are still committed to Jesus, can expect God's grace and mercy.

  • God saved David again and again.

  • God trained David through many hard trials, so that he became the greatest of all kings.

    Do you want to fulfil your calling from God? Then you can expect hard trials. 

    God always has a plan to get you out of any trouble.

    Often you do not know how to pray.
    Jesus has given you his Holy Spirit to help you in your weakness.

    Likewise, the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

    Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
    Romans 8:26–27 NKJV


    Paul too was often in impossible situations, but God saved him again and again and healed him from terrible wounds, otherwise he could not have continued.

    Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes.

    Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea.
    2 Corinthians 11:24–25 NLT


    Paul suffered so much. Nevertheless, he wrote:

    What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31 NKJV

    God's invincible weapons in your hands.

    • Speak God's word.

    • Prayer in the Spirit. The miraculous gift of God to pray in languages you have never learned.



No comments:

Post a Comment