Friday, June 25, 2021

Jesus loves me, this I know ...

 A child lay on his deathbed in hospital. His mother was holding his hand, trying to hold back her tears.

The little boy believed in Jesus. He knew that he would soon be in heaven and that his pain would be over, but he also felt insecure.

He felt compassion for his mother, who was already grieving deeply. He could not imagine life without his beloved mother, but he knew that after his death his mother would suffer grief that would be hard to bear.

"Mummy, please don't cry too much. I'm going to heaven, aren't I? And then you will go there too when my sister grows up."

"I know, dear child, but I will miss you."

"Mummy, I know I will be in heaven soon, but what will it be like there?"

"Dear child, I have never died myself, but I am sure you will be quite safe and at home there."

"Imagine going to sleep and waking up in the morning in your own bed at home. I won't be there, but I will come to you later. When you wake up, Grandma and Grandpa will be standing there with Jesus. They love you so much."

This is a story, but we must never despise childlike faith.

And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them
and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:2–3 ESV


But the Jewish scribes had no time for such simple ideas. Jesus was humble, but they were too arrogant to understand Jesus.

Unfortunately, even today there are not only Jewish rabbis, but also humanistically oriented theologians and pastors who are so busy with academic theories that they do not understand Jesus.

When Jesus spoke of faith, he meant that we should have childlike trust in God. When Jesus or Father God speaks plainly, we simply have to believe.

Shortly before his death on the cross, Jesus spoke to his disciples at the Last Supper.

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. am, there ye may be also. John 14:1–3 NKJV 

Many educated people think this is too childish, too simple, or too good to be true, but Jesus explained the truth.

Someone asked Karl Barth, the famous Swiss theologian how he could sum up his theology.

He answered briefly with a line from a children's song.

"Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so."



No comments:

Post a Comment