Daniel was thrown into the lions' den but God shut the mouth of the lions.
- We must trust God in difficult times but passive faith is no good at all. It is useless to say: "God is in charge," because God expects us to take a stand.
But we must not love our causes more than we love people.
“But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. Luke 6:27-28 (NLT)
Jesus warned that in the dark days before His return, THE LOVE OF MANY WILL GROW COLD.
- One of the reasons is bitterness and unforgiveness, even between Christians and Christians.
- Another reason is a wrong focus, concentrating on building ministries and organisations rather than loving and knowing Jesus and hungering for more of His Spirit, more of His love, more of His presence and more of His supernatural power in our lives.
- Yet another reason is emphasising submission to church leaders rather than each believer knowing, loving and obeying Jesus for himself.
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. John 10:27-28 (NKJV)
- Yet another reason is lukewarmness.
I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Revelation 3:15-16 (NKJV)
However, there are many Christians who are not at all lukewarm but very zealous.
- They are zealous for Bible truth, zealous for Jesus, zealous in hating sin, zealous in promoting the Gospel, zealous to save souls, zealous for missions and zealous in preparing for the return of Jesus.