Ps 3:1 (NKJV) A Psalm of David when he fled from Absalom his son. LORD, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me.David was the true King of Israel, appointed by God, a man after God’s own heart but he was running for his life, driven from his throne by his own rebellious son Absalom.
- This psalm also speaks of Jesus, the only Son of God, the Son of David and the Eternal King of Israel, betrayed and crucified by His own people.
God has appointed the followers of Jesus to be the legal representatives of Heaven on Earth.
- This psalm also speaks to us today.
2Co 5:20 (ESV) Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
We are ambassadors for the Messiah, the Son of God but even in West, formerly known as Christendom, Jesus and His followers are marginalised and looked down on.
- In America, founded by devout followers of Jesus, prayer is declared illegal in government schools and Happy Christmas is now “Happy Holiday.”
- In Western Europe and the former British Empire, the core beliefs of the Bible are maliciously attacked and key biblical concepts are insidiously redefined.
Ps 3:2 (ESV) many are saying of my soul, there is no salvation for him in God. SelahIn Muslim and Communist countries tens of thousands of faithful Christian believers are murdered for their faith every year.
Romans 8:36 (ESV) As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
- In some European cities with large Muslim populations God’s Jewish people are constantly subject to violent intimidation.
Nevertheless we must not lose heart.
As he fled for his life, King David did not lose hope and he did remain the King of Israel.
- Ro 8:31 (ESV) What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
- Ro 8:35 (ESV) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
- Ps 3:3 (ESV) But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
God will stand with His own faithful people.We are in an intense spiritual battle and we cannot walk away from it.
- The full force of the invisible armies of darkness are mobilised.
- All around the world everything good and decent is under attack.
But God has called His chosen people to do battle with Him and for Him and to take part in His ultimate victory. The climax of the battles of the ages is very near.