Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Promises of Jesus

You can always trust Jesus.

  • You can trust Jesus when you are sick.

That evening they brought to him many who were oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick. 

This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: “He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.”  Matthew 8:16-17 (ESV)       

  

And you know that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. 

Then Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. Acts 10:38 (NLT)   

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Heb13:8 (NKJV)   

  • You can trust Jesus when you are guilty.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 Jn 1:8-9 (ESV)  

  • You can trust Jesus when you feel rejected.

However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them. John 6:37 (NLT)   


 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. John 6:37 (NKJV)  

  • You can trust Jesus when you don’t know if God accepts you.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16 (NKJV)   


The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. 

He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.  2 Peter 3:9 (NLT)   


...for he longs for all to be saved and to understand this truth: 1 Tim 2:4 (TLB)


  • You can trust Jesus when you feel pressurised, tired and overwhelmed.


Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 (NLT)   


  • You can trust Jesus when you feel empty and unsatisfied.


And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. John 6:35 (NKJV)   


 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. 

I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10 (NKJV)  

 

  • You can trust Jesus when you feel alone.

    "But I will send you the Comforter—the Holy Spirit, the source of all truth. 

He will come to you from the Father and will tell you all about me. John 15:26 (TLB)


  Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. 

And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20 (NLT)  


  • You can trust Jesus to speak to you. 

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27 (NKJV)   


  • You can trust Jesus when you are grieving over the loss of what was precious to you.

 for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10 (NKJV)  


  • You can trust Jesus to care for your children.

 He will feed His flock like a shepherd; 

He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young. Isaiah 40:11 (NKJV)  


  • You can trust Jesus when you are afraid to die. 

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, 

for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4 (NIV)   


Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. 

Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. John 11:25-26 (NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment